About Me

About Me
I love God. I love my husband and our four legged boy Rocky. My Husband is a worship leader and I am a nanny
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 26, 2012

From Heels to Boots

    Hi! My name is Tanya, and obviously I am new to blogging... Mainly because I was too much of a chicken to get it started, so bare with me as I figure it out; like most of my life :)
So it all pretty much started a little over a year ago when my husband and I got married in Payson, Az on October 1st. 2011! Yep. We're newly weds and proud of it! Of course we were living in complete bliss spending every moment kissing and being all romantic making everyone around us either uncomfortable or our close friends would tell us to get a room... Now that we could :)
So in December of 2011 my husband brought up Payson again, and when I say brought up, I mean he was thinking about moving there. So of course as a good wife I put a smile on my face and said lets pray about it. Now when my husband brought up Payson, it kinda threw me off guard because not only was it a small town, it was also the town he was born and raised in. Now, when we first started dating he said he would never move back there, and that was the end of that!

    So after he brought up Payson, we continued to pray about it and seek council from our friends, elders, and our pastor at church. In my head I thought my husband would change his mind because he lived in the BIG city of Phoenix for so long, and it just so happened to be where I was born and raised! Well, I was incorrect. He kept getting more and more serious but there was just one problem. My husband is a worship leader and loves it with all his heart as do I! And neither of us were willing the leave our home church and something we love so much, just for something my husband wanted. So we said it's in God's hands and if he wants us there he'll make it happen. Well let me tell you God doesn't hold back or hide anything from you, when you are meant to move and change lives somewhere else.
    Not even a week later Dave (my husband) received a phone call from an old friend in Payson, letting him know they lost their worship leader and said they could use some help..... Oh My!!! I mean I thought it would never happen, but of course God had different plan. So we continued to pray and seek council throughout this time. Well my husband and I sat down with our pastor, and of course his response was "Who am I to tell you no against God's will?" It was just amazing how much support we had behind us during this season in our life! Well by this time it has been several months. So March 25th 2012 Dave and I drove up to Payson to get together with the lead Pastor, of course the pastor was Dave's high school youth pastor that he looked up to through the most crucial times in his life. It was great just getting to sit and chat with him and his wife and some of the elders of the church. The next day Dave lead worship, and man that church was on FIRE! We both fell in love with the people and the church. But of course everything takes time and we couldn't just drop everything and move.
    The hardest part for both Dave and I through this process was seriously wondering if this God's will for us, because while we were going through a season in our life where our pastor's daughter was fighting a rare disease called Castleman's. Then, Shortly before we had gone up to Payson to start the process of getting to know the church, our little Skylar went to be with her Jesus. So our first reaction was we need to be with our church family right now, but there was also something tugging on our hearts, telling us to be in Payson :) We had so much encouragement and so many friends standing behind us, and of course we had God on our side the whole time! Well as my husband and I were in Payson having dinner he looked at me as serious could be and said "this feels like home." Okay I know what you're thinking.... Totally cheesy! But it was awesome that we both agreed and were both happy about it!
    So there it is ...... June 1st. 2012 we were packing up our apartment in Phoenix, Az and on our way to our new home in Payson, Az. With everything we trusted in God and now I get to enlighten everyone how it is to go from a city girl to a country girl :)

 Trust in the LORD with all your heart. And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM, And He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

   
    

    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment